Carnaby Yarn Co. Felted Merino
Each skein of this yarn is lovingly hand felted and hand dyed by Camille at Carnaby Yarn Co. in Denver, CO. Since the yarn begins as raw roving and is then gently boiled, it's much more durable than it looks, making it perfect for chunky, larger-than-life knits. It's also spectacularly soft, and so, so fast: you can make a throw in a single afternoon!
Since this yarn is so super chunky, you'll skip the knitting needles and knit it with your hands! We have an instructional video showing you how to do it, which we're happy to share with you via email.
Because these are so bulky, we can't offer free shipping and will contact you with shipping cost or you can arrange to pick up at one of our locations.
3-4 skeins for a large throw
2 skeins for a small throw
1 skein for a baby blanket
1/2 skein for a cowl
Details for each skein:
- Length: Approx. 146 yards
- Skein Weight: 900g
- Content: 100% 16 Micron Australian Merino Wool
- Gauge: About 2.5 - 3.5 stitches per 4"
- Suggested needle size: US 11-19 or 8mm - 15.5mm
- Washing instructions: gently handwash and lay flat to dry