Atelier Yarns' San Francisco Class Schedule is designed to empower all levels of knitters.
Since much of the joy of knitting and crochet is a result of the beautiful things we make, most of our classes are project-oriented. We take you through each step of creation while teaching you new skills and techniques. We also believe learning should be fun so expect to laugh and make new friends.
Prior registration is required and can be done by calling (415) 771-1550
This is where the excitement starts. Learn the essentials of knitting from the basic stitches to the joy of creation. Learn now and make all of your holiday gifts.
Take your knitting to the next level. Learn the Argentine Hooded Scarf and add several more skills to your repertoire including reading your work, following a lace pattern, picking up stitches, 3-needle bind-off and more.
Problem solving, innovation, inspiration and on-going help at any level. Work on the knitting project(s) of your choice while learning new techniques & making friends.
Our most popular knitting class ever… Using bulky yarn, students will make their first sweater knitted in one piece from the top down. They can then go on to make these great sweaters in any size, with any gauge yarn. It provides endless variety and timeless style in pullovers and cardigans. You'll be amazed at how easy and fast it is.
In this one hour private lesson, you’ll learn to understand the construction of knitting, repair common errors, drop down rows instead of ripping out and generally gain confidence with your knitting. Prepare to be empowered.
- ~Class sizes are limited.
- ~Payment is required at time of registration for all classes.
- ~Class supplies should be purchased before the first class. Please come to class prepared.
- ~Classes may be re-scheduled with 10 days notice. Refunds are not given for classes unless cancelled by Atelier.
- ~Atelier Yarns is not responsible for classes missed by students. If a student misses a class, they are welcome to schedule a workshop or private lesson make-up for an additional fee.
- ~Any class with fewer than four students enrolled three days before the first class meeting will most likely be cancelled. Fees will be refunded.
- ~Please do not bring food or drinks other than water to class.
- ~Students must be at least 10 years old to attend classes. For students younger than 10 years old, private lessons are available.